Scott Flansburg - The Human Calculator | Why Arizona
Zachary Hall is joined by Scott Flansburg, The Human Calculator. Scott is a multi-award winning Guinness World Record holder for the “Fastest Human Calculation” which includes correctly adding a randomly selected two-digit number (38) to itself 36 times in 15 seconds without the use of a calculator (faster than a person could do with a calculator). They’re talking about why he’s made Arizona his home, traveling the world changing the way people look at math, and what it’s like going on Oprah!
- What has changed in Arizona over the last 30 years?
- How Regis Philbin gave him his name, The Human Calculator
- How do you turn math into a performance?
- How do you get kids excited about math?
- How do you turn an obscure talent into a business?
- Golfing with Alice Cooper
- Magic behind the NUMBER NINE
- How to keep numbers a positive focus as an adult
- How to become mentally strong
- Celebrating Mathletes All Over The World
- The Arizona Counting Bee
- Advice to parents to help kids be excited about math
- Favorite Golf Courses in Arizona
- Scott Flansburg PERFORMS HIS WORLD RECORD!
- Can this be learned or is this a gift?
- What was it like to be featured in “Stan Lee’s Superhumans”
- Going on Oprah and getting to work at her school in South Africa
- His own show on The History Channel, “The Human Calculator”
Thank you for listening! Don’t forget to “Like” and Subscribe!
Who would you like to see featured on our show? Let us know at: email@example.com