Leading Without Titles with Shannon Breen of Knight Transportation | WHYARIZONA
“When you go to a competitive court, if you lose, you don’t play. If you win, you stay. Over time, you surround yourself with people that want to win. Two, if your the one leading that team, meaning the point guard, people will want to play with you because you give them the best chance to win. Put that into the corporate environment, what you really see is there is no title. People want to WIN. People want to BE INSPIRED. People want to follow people that give them those opportunities and feel like something bigger than themselves.” - Shannon Breen
Zachary Hall is sitting down with a leader from one of the largest businesses in Arizona, Shannon Breen! Shannon is the SVP of Logistics for Knight/Swift Transportation. (Yep, the trucks you see all over the nation. ) We’re diving into his unconventional path to get here, how working in the restaurant industry made him a better corporate executive, and and why you don’t need a title to step up and be a leader!
- Shannon’s College Experience at ASU
- What is logistics and did Shannon find it on purpose?
- The Story of Swift and Knight Transportation and their recent merger
- The back story how everything gets to your table
- What did Shannon learn in the restaurant industry
- Why EVERYONE should spend time in the service industry
- Why leadership has NOTHING TO DO WITH TITLES!
- Favorite places to golf in Arizona
- Knight and Swift transportation working with the Special Olympics
- How their company gives back to our community here in Arizona
- What are Shannon’s Favorite Arizona Restaurants
- How do you leave a legacy?
Thank you for listening! Don’t forget to “Like” and Subscribe!
Who would you like to see featured on our show? Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Knight and Swift Transportation:
Connect with their Socials:
Follow Zach on FB and Insta @zacharyhall