The Sandlot (1993) | RenzlerREWIND
"You play ball like a girl!!!" - Hamilton “Ham” Porter
There aren’t many movies that we can all agree impacted us quite like The Sandlot. (1993) We took a deep dive into a childhood favorite to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film and all the reasons we loved it, and a few things that drive us crazy. (Throw the dang ball, Yeah Yeah!)
Here's our recap:
- How The Sandlot Shaped Us
- The best movie taglines from the original release
- What have the actors done lately?
- Who did you expect to go onto bigger roles?
- Ham getting type casted
- Why it is impossible to not like Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez
"You can't not like Benny! Benny is THE GUY. He's the all star, best jock, all that; and the nicest person on the team in the same moment. How do you NOT like him?!" - Hoff
- We went over some Sandlot Movie Trivia
- Who is the MVP of The Sandlot?
- Hoff believes in Ham; the most overconfident, funny fat kid in cinematography history.
- Why everyone wanted to be Benny
- The creativity of the kids trying to get the ball back
"Shout out to the dog. He lived a crazy life; he ate some kids, stole a ball, he lived in a junk yard. Then in the end, he ends up in a chill retirement... He lived multiple lives. Hell Yeah. Shout out to Hercules!" - Skyler
Most Memorable Scene
- 4th of July Baseball
- The Carnival Scene
- Playing The Tigers
Benny's chase scene with Hercules
"Of course he chased him. If I steal the ball from my dog, he'll chase me too." - Skyler
- Most unnecessary scene:
- Giving Smalls the Butt Hat
Could you have had “The Pool Scene” if the movie was made today?
- Plot Hole: Why didn’t Smalls just grab the ball he and Bill were playing catch with?
- Is there any adult actor that you would have like to see play these characters when they were a kid?
- What should The Sandlot 2 have been? Should it have been made?
Who are we adding to the "No Small Parts" Hall of Fame?!
To everyone involved with The Sandlot, we thank you!
Let us know what movies you'd like to see us rewatch:
Check out our last episode where we reviewed Ocean’s Eleven (2001)