GIUSEPPE'S on 28th | A Slice of Italy in Phoenix, Arizona!
GRAZING ARIZONA EPISODE 010
We may have met the most interesting man in the world... Today Pete sat down with Richard Bock, owner and Chef at Giuseppe's On 28th in Phoenix, Arizona. Not only is Richard an amazing Chef but he's also a world class cellist! Starting the cello at the age of twelve at The Juilliard School, he eventually found himself playing as the Principal Cellist in Maggio Musicale Fiorentino Orchestra in Florence, Italy. It was there that he found his love for traditional Italian food. Did we mention that he played in Frank Sinatra's orchestra and toured with with him?
We dive into:
- What brought Richard to Phoenix, Arizona
- Why you should be a good listener
- Why it's okay to compare styles with other chefs
- Italian vs "American- Italian food"
- Should bread come with bread or olive oil
- How to pronounce bruschetta
- How Uber Eats, Yelp, and Facebook have changed restaurants
- Fresh noodles vs boxed noodles
- How to make fresh pasta
- Parallels between food and music
- And advice to someone who wants to own their own restaurant